Skip to main content

Is there any "Happy" in your Deceased Child's Birthday?

 

Is there any “Happy” in your Deceased Child’s Birthday?
A Promise Fulfilled by Lark Dean Galley

Today is my son’s 21st birthday. Or maybe I should more accurately say, it would have been his 21st birthday if he had not chosen a different path. You see, 19 months ago he ended his life. His was not a sad or tragic life but a life filled with promise and opportunity. A life that was meant to make a difference in the world, but maybe it’s not too late. 

You see, shortly after my son’s suicide, I made a promise to share his story so that others might be inspired to stay on this planet even when things were hard. While the mental pain and anguish can feel very real, it does not go away when the hurting person ends their life. The pain is just transferred to those left behind – loved ones who are filled with so many questions. “Why would he do this?” “Why didn’t I know?” “Why wasn’t I enough to stop him?” 

Sharing my son’s story has not always been easy or convenient, but it has been very fulfilling. I have come closer to him as I begin to understand his pain and struggles. I examine my regrets and make changes to ensure the future is different for those of us left behind. 

Now here I am holding a pre-reader copy of my book which releases on November 10, 2020. It represents a promise fulfilled. The difference my son was meant to have in the world started with me being spurred to speak out, thereby making a difference in someone else’s life, who in turn will make a difference for someone else down the road. And so it goes on. We are all linked together and need each other desperately. So hold on to one another as if your life depended on it, because it does. 

To find out where you can buy the book, visit LarkDeanGalley.com.

D:\Users\Owner\Documents\Book Files\Me & Book_files\122239515_10221233419519365_9055148470701296387_n.jpg


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Increase Your Income & Improve Your Relationships in the Next 24 Hours!

What You Need to Know to Increase Your Income and Improve Your Relationships in the Next 24 Hours! by Lark Dean Galley Five years ago, I thought I was doing all the “right” things to increase my income and have a good relationship with my husband and children.   Work hard, make the sales calls, and spend time with the family. Yet, I wasn’t getting the results I wanted. It almost seemed that the harder I tried, the worse it got. I walked around so tightly wound up that my stomach felt like it was in knots.   I had left corporate America to spend quality time with my family, yet our relationships didn’t seem to be improving despite the additional time we’d been spending together. And being an independent consultant was no piece of cake! If I didn’t close the sales, we were not going to be able to cover our bills.   Suddenly, my unstable childhood flashed before my eyes.   That was not what I wanted for my kids! It’s Not You… It’s Me! When this happens, we...

Mental Illness Killed Both my Father and Son

  Mental Illness Killed Both my Father and Son by Lark Dean Galley When I made the decision to write about my son’s suicide, I had no intention of including my childhood stories in the book. How could they possibly have impacted his decision to end his life? Turns out, my childhood played a bigger role in my son’s suicide than I could ever have imagined. Starting the book with his death was like entering the play in the third scene. It was only after my friend encouraged me to write about the instability of my early years that I begin to see how my childhood impacted my parenting and in turn my son’s choices. As I examined my father’s life through adult eyes, I felt an even deeper understanding of his choices. My father’s mother spent her entire life with undiagnosed depression, something she inherited from her mother. Grandma Dean would experience bipolar mood swings which even she could not understand or explain. I can remember as a teenager coming into the room as she s...