Skip to main content

Your Relationship with Money Could be Ruining Your Life!



Wow! Rags to Riches Story that can change your life too.

Did you know your Relationship with Money is affecting your bottom line?! 

Each of us has one – a relationship with money.

Maybe you’ve had trouble earning it.

Maybe you’ve been able to earn it but have had trouble keeping it.

Or maybe you know you could be earning so much more than you are right now…

The truth is you will NEVER be able to change your money habits until you understand the foundation of your Relationship with Money. 

Isn’t it frustrating to stay on the hamster wheel? Promising to manage your money better but the same patterns keep showing up?

It’s only through understanding where your money beliefs came from that you can change and adjust your behavior. I know this was the case for me.  

As Stan Well says, “You can take the girl outta the trailer park, but you can't take the trailer park outta the girl.”

Even with a master’s degree and high paying job, until I understood and changed my relationship with money, my behavior didn’t change. 

You see, I grew up poor. I was the oldest of 7 children, and my single mother struggled to put food on the table. We ate meat only once a week at Sunday dinner.  Our underwear and socks had holes. And the junior high kids made fun of me for wearing pants that were too short.

But I’m an Adult Now!

As an adult, I thought I had put all of that behind me. 

But it wasn’t until I understood where my money beliefs came from – beliefs that were formed as a child – that I was finally able to change and adjust my behavior. 

And once I changed my relationship with money, my whole life changed.  

No more living pay check to pay check.  No more credit card debt – in fact, no debt of any kind including cars and a mortgage! 

You see, until we understand our true relationship with money, we will never change our behavior. And that’s what I want for you!


5 Strategies You Can Implement Now!

Here are 5 initial techniques you can start using today. I teach many more, but I promise that if you implement these, you will begin to improve your relationship with money and start seeing the results you want!

1. Watch What You Say About Money. Rather than saying, “I can’t afford that,” consider your word choice.  How about saying, “I choose not to purchase that at this time” or “That’s not how we’re going to spend our money.” In reality, you probably CAN afford it – if you stop paying your rent, buying food, etc. So own your power over your choices and speak the truth.  Additionally, if you subconscious hears, “I can’t afford that,” it will make sure you never can!

2. How you Treat your Money. Remember that just like we have relationships with people, we have relationships with money.  Consider how you handle your money.  Is it all wadded up inside your wallet?  Maybe dog eared or put away all willy-nilly? What if you treated your friends like this? By handling your money with respect, it tells your subconscious this is important to you and you want more of it.

3. What is Money? In our world today we have many financial instruments – credit cards, checks, money orders, etc.  However, these are NOT money.  Money is that green stuff, at least for Americans, you carry around.  By using payment methods that are NOT money, we distance ourselves from it.  How much easier is it for you to buy something on credit rather than actually pulling out cash? You might be a bit more hesitant to buy something if you use actual money rather than simply writing out a check.  Try it the next time you go shopping and FEEL the difference!

4. What’s in Your Wallet? You’ve probably heard this ad on TV, but consider the truth behind it.  Do you even HAVE any money in your wallet? Even if it’s just $1, having CASH in your wallet tells your subconscious that you have money! And knowing you have money changes the way you think and feel about it. Start keeping CASH in your wallet at all times and notice how you begin to change your thoughts about it.

5. That Big Wind Fall! Expecting a bonus from work, some birthday cash, or a nice tax return? What are you planning to do with it? Spend it on something you “deserve” because you’ve worked so hard? Think again. If you want to dramatically change your relationship with money, start using all those extra funds to pay off debt! Once you are completely debt free, it’s amazing how many MORE opportunities open up for you. A little sacrifice now will pay you big dividends in the future!

These techniques are just the start. In my course, Your Relationship with MoneyI teach interactive assignments to dig deep into your past to discover why you have your current money beliefs. There will even be some exercises to broaden and expand your comfort zone with money. And once your comfort zone is expanded, you will never want to go back to the limited amount of money you have now!

For more information about this and other programs, visit https://www.larkdeangalley.com.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is there any "Happy" in your Deceased Child's Birthday?

  Is there any “Happy” in your Deceased Child’s Birthday? A Promise Fulfilled by Lark Dean Galley Today is my son’s 21st birthday. Or maybe I should more accurately say, it would have been his 21 st birthday if he had not chosen a different path. You see, 19 months ago he ended his life. His was not a sad or tragic life but a life filled with promise and opportunity. A life that was meant to make a difference in the world, but maybe it’s not too late.  You see, shortly after my son’s suicide, I made a promise to share his story so that others might be inspired to stay on this planet even when things were hard. While the mental pain and anguish can feel very real, it does not go away when the hurting person ends their life. The pain is just transferred to those left behind – loved ones who are filled with so many questions. “Why would he do this?” “Why didn’t I know?” “Why wasn’t I enough to stop him?”  Sharing my son’s story has not always been easy or convenient, but it has bee

Control Your Bookends -- Eight Steps to Mastering Your Day

Control Your Bookends – Eight Steps to Mastering Your Day What You Need to Know to Gain Control of Your Life Right Now! By Lark Dean Galley Ever feel completely overwhelmed -- as if you were just spinning your wheels and all your efforts were getting you nowhere despite your hard work? Do you promise yourself the night before that tomorrow will be different only to have everything fall apart – again? I know as a busy mom with 3 young children, a spouse who traveled all the time, and a demanding career, it seemed I was barely hanging onto life let alone moving towards my goals.   And you can forget about any sort of life balance or time management! The only balance I seemed to have was a young child on each hip and the dream of getting more than 5 hours of sleep each night. How could I possibly manage the outcome of my life if I couldn’t even manage my day effectively? Frustration and despair set in as I felt farther and farther away from where and who I wanted to

5 Sales Secrets You Need to Close More Sales

5 Sales Secrets You Need to Close More Sales Lark Dean Galley.com I was sitting at my desk with the phone still in my hand from the 10 th prospect turning me down for a meeting. My hand was shaking as I slowly hung up the receiver. I had just started a new job in sales and didn’t have a clue what I was doing! I felt sick to my stomach to think that I had left a secure government job for the uncertainty of sales. What was I thinking?! I had no idea what I was doing or how to get someone to meet with me. And if I didn’t make some changes fast, I would be out of a job with no way to pay my mortgage! Fast forward 20 years to my receiving an award as the #1 Global Senior Sales Rep for a Fortune 500 Company and earning $250,000!   Man, was I grateful that I had stayed in the game and hadn’t quit for more security or an easier way of life. A career in sales was tough, but that’s why it pays the big bucks! The Secret Sauce! So how did I do it? How did I go from being t