Skip to main content

10 Habits of the Rich



Lark Dean Galley shares 10 Habits of the Rich


1. Rich people* focus on their goals every day.
Wealthy people not only set annual and monthly goals, but the majority of them put their goals into writing.

2. Rich people know what needs to be done today.
Wealthy people not only keep a to-do-list, but a majority of them accomplish 70% or more of their tasks each day.

3. Rich people average less than one hour of TV viewing per day.
The wealthy choose to use their time pursuing more productive activities.

4. Rich people love to read nonfiction.
The wealthy spend a majority of their reading time on self-improvement books averaging at least 30 minutes a day learning how to improve their lives.

5. Rich people listen to audio books.
A majority of wealthy people listen to audio books during their commute to work.

6. Rich people believe their health influences their success. 
Wealthy people know that being healthy means fewer sick days which in turn means more productivity and more money.

7. Rich people take care of their smiles.
The wealthy say they floss every day.

8. Rich people feel relationships are critical to their financial success. 
The wealthy put a lot of effort into maintaining their relationships and make it a habit to reach out regularly to those on their contact list.

9. Rich people believe they – not fate – control their future. 
A lot of wealthy people weren’t always wealthy, but they believed they could do anything – and they did!

10. Rich people are willing to take risks.
The wealthy are more apt to admit they’ve failed at least once.  They are often business owners who started their own business and learned from the school of hard knocks.

Everyone has some “rich habits” and some “poverty habits”. The key to moving over to the wealthy side is to have more than 50% of the “rich habits”. Check the list above and determine your percentage. Then decide what one item you’ll focus on for the next month to make that “rich habit” yours!

* Rich people are defined as having an annual income of $160,000 or more and a liquid net worth of $3.2 million or more.

For more information about my programs, visit https://www.larkdeangalley.com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is there any "Happy" in your Deceased Child's Birthday?

  Is there any “Happy” in your Deceased Child’s Birthday? A Promise Fulfilled by Lark Dean Galley Today is my son’s 21st birthday. Or maybe I should more accurately say, it would have been his 21 st birthday if he had not chosen a different path. You see, 19 months ago he ended his life. His was not a sad or tragic life but a life filled with promise and opportunity. A life that was meant to make a difference in the world, but maybe it’s not too late.  You see, shortly after my son’s suicide, I made a promise to share his story so that others might be inspired to stay on this planet even when things were hard. While the mental pain and anguish can feel very real, it does not go away when the hurting person ends their life. The pain is just transferred to those left behind – loved ones who are filled with so many questions. “Why would he do this?” “Why didn’t I know?” “Why wasn’t I enough to stop him?”  Sharing my son’s story has not always been easy or convenient, ...

Increase Your Income & Improve Your Relationships in the Next 24 Hours!

What You Need to Know to Increase Your Income and Improve Your Relationships in the Next 24 Hours! by Lark Dean Galley Five years ago, I thought I was doing all the “right” things to increase my income and have a good relationship with my husband and children.   Work hard, make the sales calls, and spend time with the family. Yet, I wasn’t getting the results I wanted. It almost seemed that the harder I tried, the worse it got. I walked around so tightly wound up that my stomach felt like it was in knots.   I had left corporate America to spend quality time with my family, yet our relationships didn’t seem to be improving despite the additional time we’d been spending together. And being an independent consultant was no piece of cake! If I didn’t close the sales, we were not going to be able to cover our bills.   Suddenly, my unstable childhood flashed before my eyes.   That was not what I wanted for my kids! It’s Not You… It’s Me! When this happens, we...

Mental Illness Killed Both my Father and Son

  Mental Illness Killed Both my Father and Son by Lark Dean Galley When I made the decision to write about my son’s suicide, I had no intention of including my childhood stories in the book. How could they possibly have impacted his decision to end his life? Turns out, my childhood played a bigger role in my son’s suicide than I could ever have imagined. Starting the book with his death was like entering the play in the third scene. It was only after my friend encouraged me to write about the instability of my early years that I begin to see how my childhood impacted my parenting and in turn my son’s choices. As I examined my father’s life through adult eyes, I felt an even deeper understanding of his choices. My father’s mother spent her entire life with undiagnosed depression, something she inherited from her mother. Grandma Dean would experience bipolar mood swings which even she could not understand or explain. I can remember as a teenager coming into the room as she s...