Skip to main content

10 Habits of the Rich



Lark Dean Galley shares 10 Habits of the Rich


1. Rich people* focus on their goals every day.
Wealthy people not only set annual and monthly goals, but the majority of them put their goals into writing.

2. Rich people know what needs to be done today.
Wealthy people not only keep a to-do-list, but a majority of them accomplish 70% or more of their tasks each day.

3. Rich people average less than one hour of TV viewing per day.
The wealthy choose to use their time pursuing more productive activities.

4. Rich people love to read nonfiction.
The wealthy spend a majority of their reading time on self-improvement books averaging at least 30 minutes a day learning how to improve their lives.

5. Rich people listen to audio books.
A majority of wealthy people listen to audio books during their commute to work.

6. Rich people believe their health influences their success. 
Wealthy people know that being healthy means fewer sick days which in turn means more productivity and more money.

7. Rich people take care of their smiles.
The wealthy say they floss every day.

8. Rich people feel relationships are critical to their financial success. 
The wealthy put a lot of effort into maintaining their relationships and make it a habit to reach out regularly to those on their contact list.

9. Rich people believe they – not fate – control their future. 
A lot of wealthy people weren’t always wealthy, but they believed they could do anything – and they did!

10. Rich people are willing to take risks.
The wealthy are more apt to admit they’ve failed at least once.  They are often business owners who started their own business and learned from the school of hard knocks.

Everyone has some “rich habits” and some “poverty habits”. The key to moving over to the wealthy side is to have more than 50% of the “rich habits”. Check the list above and determine your percentage. Then decide what one item you’ll focus on for the next month to make that “rich habit” yours!

* Rich people are defined as having an annual income of $160,000 or more and a liquid net worth of $3.2 million or more.

For more information about my programs, visit https://www.larkdeangalley.com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is there any "Happy" in your Deceased Child's Birthday?

  Is there any “Happy” in your Deceased Child’s Birthday? A Promise Fulfilled by Lark Dean Galley Today is my son’s 21st birthday. Or maybe I should more accurately say, it would have been his 21 st birthday if he had not chosen a different path. You see, 19 months ago he ended his life. His was not a sad or tragic life but a life filled with promise and opportunity. A life that was meant to make a difference in the world, but maybe it’s not too late.  You see, shortly after my son’s suicide, I made a promise to share his story so that others might be inspired to stay on this planet even when things were hard. While the mental pain and anguish can feel very real, it does not go away when the hurting person ends their life. The pain is just transferred to those left behind – loved ones who are filled with so many questions. “Why would he do this?” “Why didn’t I know?” “Why wasn’t I enough to stop him?”  Sharing my son’s story has not always been easy or convenient, but it has bee

Your Relationship with Money Could be Ruining Your Life!

Wow! Rags to Riches Story that can change your life too. Did you know your Relationship with Money is affecting your bottom line?!  Each of us has one – a relationship with money. Maybe you’ve had trouble earning it. Maybe you’ve been able to earn it but have had trouble keeping it. Or maybe you know you could be earning so much more than you are right now… The truth is you will NEVER be able to change your money habits until you understand the foundation of your Relationship with Money.  Isn’t it frustrating to stay on the hamster wheel? Promising to manage your money better but the same patterns keep showing up? It’s only through understanding where your money beliefs came from that you can change and adjust your behavior. I know this was the case for me.   As Stan Well says, “You can take the girl outta the trailer park, but you can't take the trailer park outta the girl.” Even with a master’s degree and high paying job, until I understood and changed my

5 Sales Secrets You Need to Close More Sales

5 Sales Secrets You Need to Close More Sales Lark Dean Galley.com I was sitting at my desk with the phone still in my hand from the 10 th prospect turning me down for a meeting. My hand was shaking as I slowly hung up the receiver. I had just started a new job in sales and didn’t have a clue what I was doing! I felt sick to my stomach to think that I had left a secure government job for the uncertainty of sales. What was I thinking?! I had no idea what I was doing or how to get someone to meet with me. And if I didn’t make some changes fast, I would be out of a job with no way to pay my mortgage! Fast forward 20 years to my receiving an award as the #1 Global Senior Sales Rep for a Fortune 500 Company and earning $250,000!   Man, was I grateful that I had stayed in the game and hadn’t quit for more security or an easier way of life. A career in sales was tough, but that’s why it pays the big bucks! The Secret Sauce! So how did I do it? How did I go from being t